Thursday, April 9, 2009

So CrUeL.. I HaTe It.........

Baby raped and sodomised

The baby with her mother
The baby with her mother

KUALA LUMPUR: For seven months, a young couple entrusted a family friend to babysit their daughter, now a year old.

However, their world came crashing down last Wednesday when they found out that their baby girl had been sexually abused. They suspect this could be the work of one of the babysitter's two sons.

At the family home in Bandar Baru Sentul yesterday, the 20-year-old mother said the baby had been in the woman's care from 9am to 7pm daily, six days a week, for the past seven months.

"I used to work as a clerk at a private company and my husband is a mechanic.

"We only had Sundays to spend time with our daughter.
"Last Wednesday, after picking the baby up from the babysitter's house nearby, I saw bloodstains on her private parts while changing her diaper. My husband and I immediately rushed her to a clinic."

The doctor there advised the couple to take the baby to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital, where she was admitted for three days.

"According to a doctor at the hospital, there were penetration wounds in my daughter's private parts, indicating that she had been sodomised and raped.

"The doctor said there were old and fresh wounds, meaning that my baby had been abused for some time now," the mother cried at a press conference called for by Segambut member of parliament Lim Lip Eng yesterday.

The babysitter has two sons, aged 21 and 26, who were at home most of the time.

On several occasions, she entrusted the baby to the two men when she had to go out.

"I never thought it would end up like this," the baby's mother said, adding that the baby was frequently feverish and constantly cried at night after the latest incident.

The mother had since quit her job to look after her daughter.

The family lodged a report at the Sentul police station on Wednesday night.

To add insult to injury, the baby's parents also claimed that when they lodged the police report, the investigating officer was rude to them, implying that they could have hurt the baby.

City police chief Datuk Ku Chin Wah confirmed that the baby had been sexually abused.

"We have not picked up anyone in connection with the case, but have asked the victim's family to come to the city police headquarters tomorrow to assist in investigations."

Ku also said they had recorded statements from the babysitter and her sons, adding that they were waiting for further medical reports.

On the family's allegations against the investigating officer, Ku advised them to lodge another report to facilitate a separate investigation.